Partnered Museums

Content left (menu)

International Nitze-Leiter Resesarch Society of Endoscopy

This museum houses the world's largest collection of medical endoscopes and was opened in 1996 to document the development of endoscopy used in different branches of medicine. The Museum owes its foundation to the urologist Hans-Joachim Reuter who entrusted the greater part of his collection in the form of a permanent loan to the Institute for the History of Medicine in 1995.

Visit the website >

DGU – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Urologie

Die Geschichte der Urologie ist reich an Entwicklungen, die für die gesamte Medizin eine weit reichende Bedeutung hatten. 
Beschneidung und Katheterismus, Steinschnitt und Behandlung der Impotenz sowie der "Goldener Stich" bei Wasserbruch gehören zu den ältesten ärztlichen Tätigkeiten.

Das Harnglas, die Matula, war über Jahrhunderte "Attribut der Ärzteschaft" und ziert heute das Emblem der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Urologie und das des Berufsverbandes Deutscher Urologen sowie der American Urological Association.

Visit the website >

William Didusch Center for Urologic History

The William P. Didusch Center for Urologic History of the American Urological Association (AUA) is presently located at the AUA headquarters in Linthicum, MD. The Didusch Center is named in honor of William P. Didusch, a world-renowned medical artist at the Johns Hopkins Brady Urological Institute, and the first curator of the AUA's museum. The museum was conceived by Didusch and opened in 1971.

Visit the website >

Deutsches Medizinhistorisches Museum

Das Deutsche Medizinhistorische Museum besitzt in seiner Sammlung einen großen Bestand an medizintechnischen Geräten, die in den Räumen der „Alten Anatomie” nur sehr eingeschränkt präsentiert werden können. Dieses Problem wurde 2008 durch die Eröffnung eines zusätzlichen Ausstellungsraums am Ende des Arzneipflanzengartens gelöst. Dadurch wurde es erstmals möglich, herausragende Stücke aus dieser Sammlung zu zeigen.

Visit the website >

Musée d'Histoire de la Medecine

Depuis 1971 le siège de l'Université Paris Descartes se situe 12 rue de l'école de Médecine, dans les locaux de l'ancienne Faculté de médecine, créée en 1803 et installée dans les bâtiments du collège et de l'Académie de chirurgie.
Au deuxième étage du bâtiment, dans une salle construite en 1905, se trouve le Musée d'Histoire de la Médecine.
Ses collections, les plus anciennes d'Europe, ont été réunies par le doyen Lafaye au XVIIIe siècle, puis s'y est ajouté un important ensemble de pièces qui couvre les différentes branches de l'art opératoire jusqu'à la fin du XIXe siècle. On peut aussi y découvrir quelques rares trousses de médecins et de chirurgiens ainsi que des instruments de physiologie.

Visit the website >

This site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy.